Wednesday, April 05, 2006

Up Ya Nose Wit a.....Moth


#5 is one of my fondest memories. No, seriously, it's not something you will forget if it happens to you....but if it does...we can have a laugh together.
Of Moths and Mochas
04.11.05 (1:27 pm)
I may have asked some of my friends this before but have you ever noticed how nervous and jittery turkeys are?
I mean I've never heard of a narcoleptic turkey. Have you?
But if turkeys are so aware, so jittery and nervous, why do we get so sleepy when we eat them??? If nature was consistent we would get hyper by eating snails!

A small fly of some sort just took a dive into what's left of my Sugar Daddy mocha. I wonder if he'll get hyper? Speaking of thrilling life experiences this reminds me of an incident that hppened to me and a moth one night back a few years ago.

From august 1999-august 2000 I worked the night shift at a Schwans Foodservice warehouse in Martin, TN. My job duties included refueling the delivery trucks, striaghtening the items in the freezer compartments, and pulling the next day's orders from the walk-in freezer. One autumn eve we were in between orders so I walked over to our small freezer that held damaged packages of popcicles, ice cream sandwiches, and various other yummies. As I opened the door I spooked a small moth who was resting on the wall. Just as soon as he took off, heading right for my face, I was taking a quick deep breath in through my nose. Next thing I know something gets sucked into my left nostril. Well this is a first for me....and probably the moth too. I tried blowing my nose like there was no tomorrow to get that lil booger out (ha....snot humor....seriously...it's "snot" funny.....nothing to sneeze at!..ok enough puns)

As hard an effort as I was putting forth the moth was matching me by doing the only thing he could think of.....crawling straight up my nose. When one is in a tight spot one can only think but to strive forth and hope for the best. This isn't going well. Teamwork is crucial here dude!
I could feel him squirming. I walked into the office holding my other nostril closed and blowing out hard as I can. My coworkers got a good kick out of it. Finally I got a good deep breath and blew that fella right out. He didn't miss a beat and flew right out the door. Now that's what some folks call one of those "life changing experiences."....more so for the moth I think than me.

By the way; sugar daddy mochas and flies don't mix too well. Either this one drowned or he's overdosed on sugar and caffeine.

6 comments:

~*Casey*~ said...

Now everytime I see a moth I am gonna think about this and hope it doesn't decide to go up my nose.

Anonymous said...

WELL THAT WAS QUITE FUNNY MATT.. I CAN PICTURE JUST THAT HAPPENING AND I'D PROBABLY BE LAUGHING ALONG WITH YOUR CO-WORKERS HEHE.. NOT MUCH YOU CAN DO TO HELP IN A SITUATION LIKE THAT!

I HAD A FLY DIVE INTO MY MOUTH ONCE WHEN I WAS YAWNING (GOD KNOWS WHEN THIS WAS)..... I REMEMBER CHOKING AND SPITTING ALOT LOL (TRY NOT TO YAWN OUTSIDE AT SHELBY FOREST.. IT'S NOT THE BEST PLACE FOR SUCH ACTIONS HEHE)

TB Fly said...

I remember reading this one. You lived to write a blog about it. Great puns! "Wit, we like that around here". I am waiting for you to write about the ant in the salt shaker, but be sure not to toss it over your shoulder. We are now on the countdown to number #1.

The Ichthyophile said...

I can't wait to get this top 10 over with. It's too much pressure!!

The Maven said...

Oh my goodness...that sounds really unpleasant. Moths are a pretty good size, too. Yuck. Did you feel violated?? LOL

TB Fly said...

You started it my friend and now you have to finish it.